Apartment #2We're getting settled in our second Craigslist apartment to piece together the trip since the original place was let's say not quite at 1 star level? This one could be 3 star if the light bulbs worked, key didn't get stuck and a few more things...but it is nice enough and close to school. The best thing this place has going for it is Jose, Juan, and Angel! They are the cheeriest and family friendly security guards--oh and Mary, this place has a dryer!
9 de Julio as you now know is the Argentinian independence day. It was a quiet day in the city and the "Two Kids" had no school.
We were lucky enough to catch Humberto the children's barber taking a smoke by his barber shop to cut the Two Kids hair. Humberto said it takes special skill to cut Ivan's hair with his double cow-lick (is that what you really call it?) so it doesn't stand straight up. We needed to trim so we didn't start to look sloppy but not too short so they would freeze in the winter. No Florida buzz-cuts this time.
I had some key meetings so I went into the office, the upside of working on a holiday is that I had the office to myself and all the Telepresence I could consume! I even set up some TP sessions ad hoc! As I sat there fully engaged and making great progress with the full size HD projection and really terrific audio I felt that being on-site could not have contributed much more to the goals we had today. I took a mental moment and appreciated that the future had arrived and it was just the way things are...with a flashback to a Star-Trek scene where you just TP to other galaxies.
I was later joined by two friends I hadn't yet seen, Jorge and Ricardo, so that was a special treat and a date for Mate (local chai type beverage).
Kids spent some time with Marion while I worked. Exploring Calle 9 de Julio on 9 de Julio (widest street in the city...world?) --Ivan thought the coincidence was cute.
And yes, we broke down and ate at McDonald's. I will admit it was the Shrek toy in the happy meal since we are seeing the Final Chapter tonight with Tony and Silvana. It did made dinner a lot easier and it was very social and lively on a Friday evening. It was a gourmet Mc with ceramic coffee cups, Cheesecake Factory type desserts and the local chain, Freddo ice cream!
Cool Street art of the Obelisk
A treat on the subway ride home...too bad it was just 1 stop; it was nice music. Ivan expressed, " I really like this music; this is fun!"